Celebrity editorial stylist Mark Townsend created a modern and fresh hair look for Lea Michele. “Lea wanted her hair to look touchable and super modern, and full hair with lots of volume and a bit of roughness was perfect against her flawless gown,” said Townsend.
· Start with clean hair. Michele used Dove Daily Treatment Conditioner to give softness and smoothness in the time it takes to use a conditioner.
· “The end-of-Summer timing of the Emmys is a perfect opportunity to play with color. Lea is still shooting episodes of Glee and we couldn’t do anything permanent, so I added in a few custom pieces of hair to add dimension and giver her removable highlights for the evening.” The result was a golden/coppery effect throughout the ends of Michele’s hair.
· Use Dove Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse throughout damp hair and blow dry with a round brush to add lift.
·Spray 3 inch sections of hair with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect hair against heat styling damage before using an iron.
· Next, use a 2 inch curling iron to give a subtle bend or ‘S’ curl, rather than a perfect curl. Curl from the ends all the way up, and set each section with a barrel clip for 5 to 7 minutes or until cool.
· Scrunch hair with Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist to add moisture, and blow dry briefly without a diffuser to look a bit undone.
· Warm a pea-sized amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream between the palms of hands. Rake fingers through hair to distribute product evenly for shiny, modern texture.
· Tease hair at the crown for extra volume and lift.
· To finish, spray Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement liberally on a small, natural bristle eyebrow brush and run through bangs to hold a middle part. The parted bangs gave a modern update to the 60’s vibe of Michelle’s hair.
HOW TO GET JANUARY JONES’S LOOK:
For Mad Men’s January Jones, Townsend created an edgy, fashion-forward look. “A textured, asymmetrical bob was the perfect way to incorporate January’s love of editorial fashion and runway style into a feminine, yet tough look,” said Townsend.
· The night before, use Dove Intensive Repair Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen hair and prevent damage.
· “Second day texture was key to achieve this runway-meets-Hollywood look, so I pre-styled her hair the night before.” Distribute Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse throughout and blow dry hair with round brush to add lift
· Set top sections of hair with large, 3 inch Velcro rollers for 15-20 minutes. While rollers set, add extensions in the front only to make hair longer in the front and shorter in the back.
· Spritz throughout with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect against styling damage.
· Wrap 1 ½ to 2 inch sections of hair around a 1 inch curling iron to create a big, loose wave instead of a tight curl.
· The next day, reapply mousse to add lift to hair, and blow dry gently with a round brush to freshen up ends but not set perfectly.
· Rake a small amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream through hair to add smoothness.
· Finish the look by spraying Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement to set the style but still allow movement.