EmphasEYES™ ingredients include:
- Pure water that suspends mineral pigments while delivering and retaining moisture to replenish and hydrate skin,-
- Aloe leaf extract known for its soothing, healing, and antiseptic properties, which maintain moisture balance in the skin,
- Vitamin E, which acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and fights free radical damage,
- Cucumber extract, which is rich in vitamins A &C and helps soothe skin, and
- Mineral pigments, which have been known to soothe and soften the skin.
The best part is that due to the unique nature of this formula, you don’t need to over advance the tip, so it lasts a while, so long as you remember to always securely replace the cap to prevent dry out.
You only need a little for intense color payoff, and it seriously doesn’t move. We even wore it to the gym to test, and while the rest of our face was dewy, the liner DID NOT BUDGE, even from the waterline.
Available in 8 shades for $18, at Sephora.
Celebrity editorial stylist Mark Townsend created a modern and fresh hair look for Lea Michele. “Lea wanted her hair to look touchable and super modern, and full hair with lots of volume and a bit of roughness was perfect against her flawless gown,” said Townsend.
· Start with clean hair. Michele used Dove Daily Treatment Conditioner to give softness and smoothness in the time it takes to use a conditioner.
· “The end-of-Summer timing of the Emmys is a perfect opportunity to play with color. Lea is still shooting episodes of Glee and we couldn’t do anything permanent, so I added in a few custom pieces of hair to add dimension and giver her removable highlights for the evening.” The result was a golden/coppery effect throughout the ends of Michele’s hair.
· Use Dove Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse throughout damp hair and blow dry with a round brush to add lift.
·Spray 3 inch sections of hair with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect hair against heat styling damage before using an iron.
· Next, use a 2 inch curling iron to give a subtle bend or ‘S’ curl, rather than a perfect curl. Curl from the ends all the way up, and set each section with a barrel clip for 5 to 7 minutes or until cool.
· Scrunch hair with Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist to add moisture, and blow dry briefly without a diffuser to look a bit undone.
· Warm a pea-sized amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream between the palms of hands. Rake fingers through hair to distribute product evenly for shiny, modern texture.
· Tease hair at the crown for extra volume and lift.
· To finish, spray Dove Unscented Extra Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement liberally on a small, natural bristle eyebrow brush and run through bangs to hold a middle part. The parted bangs gave a modern update to the 60’s vibe of Michelle’s hair.
HOW TO GET JANUARY JONES’S LOOK:
For Mad Men’s January Jones, Townsend created an edgy, fashion-forward look. “A textured, asymmetrical bob was the perfect way to incorporate January’s love of editorial fashion and runway style into a feminine, yet tough look,” said Townsend.
· The night before, use Dove Intensive Repair Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen hair and prevent damage.
· “Second day texture was key to achieve this runway-meets-Hollywood look, so I pre-styled her hair the night before.” Distribute Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse throughout and blow dry hair with round brush to add lift
· Set top sections of hair with large, 3 inch Velcro rollers for 15-20 minutes. While rollers set, add extensions in the front only to make hair longer in the front and shorter in the back.
· Spritz throughout with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect against styling damage.
· Wrap 1 ½ to 2 inch sections of hair around a 1 inch curling iron to create a big, loose wave instead of a tight curl.
· The next day, reapply mousse to add lift to hair, and blow dry gently with a round brush to freshen up ends but not set perfectly.
· Rake a small amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream through hair to add smoothness.
· Finish the look by spraying Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement to set the style but still allow movement.
How to get the look:
1. Shampoo/Condition hair, towel blot to remove excess water.
2. Apply desired straightening balm, styling products and/or heat protectant.
3. Create an off-center part using a long tail comb. If you prefer a more natural look, pull hair back away from face in lieu of a part.
4. Use a natural bristle brush round or flat brush and dry hair until 100% dry. Use brush to create in volume in the crown and the sides if desired. If you prefer to wear the side ponytail straight, use a paddle brush to straighten tresses as you dry.
5. Using a brush or fingers, pull the side and crown hair back towards the nape of the neck. Smooth ponytail and then position the base so that it rests just slightly behind one ear.
6. Spritz the entire head lightly with a setting or styling spray.