Lisa Ashley, the creator, approached a group of us and asked for a few minutes to tell us about her Ultimate Eye Cream. She told us briefly about its features and benefits, demonstrated the product for us on our hands, and asked us for business cards before leaving us to enjoy the mixer. Impressed by her soft yet professional pitch, genuine passion for her product, and ok….curiosity about the wild claims (eliminates need for concealer! covers imperfections without color! masks redness and dark circles! smooths wrinkles and fine lines!), the cream stayed fresh in mind all night, and was begging to be tested the very next day.
First, we did some more research. From the site:
Tall order, huh?
After years in the laboratory, combining the most advanced ingredients to create a multi-functioning product that delivers ultimate and immediate results, Lisa Ashley introduces The Ultimate Eyecream. A truly groundbreaking beauty product with some of the most advanced and innovative features in the cosmetics industry.
“Lisa Ashley, The Ultimate Eyecream” uniquely integrates six different benefits into one eyecream:
- helps to firm skin, reduces puffiness, and inflammation.
- special light diffusing properties gives the illusion of instantly neutralizing dark circles, brightening eye area while leaving a luminous glow.
- increases blood circulation and helps to improve lightness of dark circles.
- unique blend of ingredients gives the appearance of significantly softening lines.
- a natural alternative to silicone, rejuvenates and hydrates skin while also providing strong antioxidant protection.
- distinctive steel roller ball application helps soothe and minimizes inflammation.
We weren’t expecting much - generic white packaging, sticker label, “illuminating” roller ball design seen on many a trendy eye product - but let us say: WOW.
The product did exactly as it claimed, and then some- brightened, smoothed, soothed, and we barely had to touch our concealer (For the record, this is after years of piling on heavy duty concealers to mask our hereditary dark circles).
A complete winner in our book. We’d gladly pay double the cost.