The Clarisonic Mia face brush is the “compact” of the Clarisonic brand of facial brushes. Retailing for $149, it’s a bit smaller in size and pricetag compared to the Classic, which retails for $199 and the Plus, for $225. The Mia comes with a sensitive brush head, a charger and a 1 oz. Gentle Hydro cleanser but you can use the Clarisonic with your own cleanser, or whatever cleanser is handy.
For Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale, Clarisonic created a special Mia kit, that comes in three new limited edition colors: turquoise, lavender, and berry. The set includes the same sensitive brush head, charger, and hydro cleanser, with the addition of a normal brush head as well….all for the same price as the original. (Get one before they’re gone!)
As for the benefits, according to the site the Mia:
* Removes 6x more makeup than manual cleansing
* Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
* Cleanses so well that products absorb better
* Gentle enough for twice daily use
* Helps reduce oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
* Helps reduce the appearance of visible pores
* Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
We can attest to all of the above claims.This is seriously like an expensive skin treatment in a box! We weren’t expecting miracles, but after using it our skin looked and felt like we’d just had a facial: smooth, bright, radiant. skincare products did really seem to sink in better, and we woke up with soft, glowing skin.
Don’t believe it? Try it for yourself!
$149, Sephora, or $149 for limited edition shades during Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale.
How to get the look:
Line the inner rims of upper and lower lids with black or brown liner.
Line lashline top and bottom, smudge.
Then cover entire lid with metallic shadow. For dramatic impact use a lighter shade in the center of lid and around tear duct..
Apply shadow over liner with a small, angled brush, and blend into crease for depth.
Curl lashes and apply 2 coats of black mascara to finish the look.
Here’s how to get it:
1. Start by separating the front of the hair from the back. Tease the front section, and pull back slightly to one side, securing with an elastic at the crown. Be sure to focus on keeping the front poufy, and use a comb to lightly tame any roughness.
2. Next, curl the back portion of the hair and pull back into a ponytail directly below the ponytail you created in the previous step.
3. Spritz the style with hairspray to hold. Tip: for an added touch, twist two to three skinny-sized sections from the top ponytail and pin each under the bottom ponytail.
One of our favorites is the beautyblender. This hot pink, egg-shaped, latex free super sponge has revolutionized the way we apply our foundation. A staple in many a top artist’s makeup kit, the sponge’s elliptical shape allows for reaching every crease and contour of your face, eliminating streaks and ensuring a flawless finish.
The beautyblender has it’s own special cleanser, which smells AMAZING, and prolongs the life of the sponge. Blendercleanser is a lightly lavender-scented cleanser that’s free of dyes and skin irritants. It’s soothing soy-based, low-suds formula breaks down rapidly, making it earth-friendly and fun to use.
To ensure the best application, it’s recommended that you dampen the sponge, squeeze out the excess water, and lightly tap and roll, or “bounce” the sponge over foundation to smooth it out and blend into the skin. Whether cream, liquid, cake, or tinted moisturizer, the beautyblender’s suede texture gives a perfect finish every time.
Try it once, and you’ll see why celebrity makeup artists are never without it (One of our personal heroes, Mary Erickson, carries at least two at all times).
$9.95 - $39.95, beauty.com