Rachel McAdams appeared at the London premiere of her new film, Sherlock Holmes
, looking nothing short of glamorous with a texturized braid to compliment her Grecian-inspired gown. We found out how to create this look from the hairstylist behind this look, Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin.
Dunkin shares his styling tips for recreating a look like Rachel’s at home:
1. Start by applying a volumizing product to wet hair.
2. Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
3. Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
4. Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber ($16, amazon.com) between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.
5. French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear and pin random remaining pieces into braid for haphazard, playful positioning.
6. Finish the look with a medium-hold hairspray for tousled movement and controlled hold.