February 2010 Archives
Enter Stila’s new Yumberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain.
Yumberry Crush is a sheer, mid-tone pink hue that boosts your pout with a hint of natural color, while at the same time boasts the anti-aging benefits of yumberry.
You’re probably wondering…Yum-WHAT? Yumberry is an antioxidant superfruit from China, said to be FIFTY times stronger than vitamin E, and twenty times stronger than vitamin C. Research also shows that Yumberry may help slow the break down of collagen, therefore slowing premature aging.The gorgeous pearlized pink shade comes in Stila’s trademark travel-friendly lip pen, and can be worn as a sheer cheek color or a “just bit my lips” stain
A pretty pout that also helps fight fine lines? Sign us up.
$24 at Sephora.
We say: if you can’t beat it, fake it. You may not feel anywhere near a million bucks, but follow these tips and you’ll look it in no time…five minutes to be exact.
1. Give skin a double boost by smoothing on a primer that hydrates and brightens, Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow primer.
The primer hydrates and smooths skin while light reflective crushed pearl pigments brighten skin and diffuse light to fake a radiance. Time: 1 minute.
2. Apply a sheer to medium coverage tinted moisturizer to mask imperfections and even out skin tone. Depending on the amount of coverage you’d like, use fingers for more control and coverage, or a dampened sponge for a more sheer finish.
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer has just enough pigment while still being lightweight and invisible. Added bonus? SPF to protect skin from harmful rays. Time: 1 minute.
3. Any problem areas are easily covered with a creamy concealer like Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
Use a small concealer brush to dot onto problem areas with precision, then use your ring finger to tap into skin and diffuse, for the most natural coverage. Time: 1 minute.
4. We’ve been trained to be afraid of powders to set our makeup, for fear of looking unnaturally matte or cakey. The new HD powders are foolproof, and give skin a soft-focus look. Makeup For Ever Microfinish contains silica powder, which helps to soften the appearance of imperfections.
Sprinkle a small amount into cap, swirl powder brush, tap off excess, and lightly dust over contours of the face. A little goes a long way. Time: 1 minute.
5. Lastly, here’s an insider tip to a fresh, no makeup look: Spritz skin with a light facial spray to take down the powder, set, and give an added dose of hydration. Shu Uemura Depsea Facial Water Mist contains over 60 minerals to enhance moisture.
Holding bottle 1-15 inches from skin, mist lightly and let dry. It may sound counter-productive after applying the other four products, but trust us: One time, and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without this step! Time: 1 minute.
Total time elapsed: 5 minutes, which leaves you time to stop for that double latte!
The highly anticipated Alice in Wonderland movie is being released next month, and in celebration of the event, two of our favorite brands have launched goodies we think you’ll be excited about.
OPI Alice in Wonderland Collection is a small, eclectic collection of shades, but we think it’s the opposite of nonsensical. These magical glitters and cremes create a fantastic mix of eccentricity sure to delight any nail polish fanatic. Colors include Absolutely Alice (dreamy blue glitter), Mad as a Hatter (multi-coloured glitter), Thanks So Muchness! (shimmery red) and Off with Her Red (sizzling hot red). Limited Edition. Mini set, $10 at amazon.com
Urban Decay Disney Alice In Wonderland Palette features a top that opens to reveal a pop-up scene of Alice in the mushroom forest and just behind her, a makeup lover’s dreamland: a fierce collection of 16 eyeshadows, 2 liners and a primer. Though we dream of seeing Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, we admit we’re loving this palette just a hare more. Limited Edition. $52, sephora.com